A respected source of California energy efficiency savings estimates and other technical information related to California’s integrated demand-side management (IDSM) portfolio.
To support the growth and success of energy efficiency and IDSM through a technically rigorous, independent, transparent peer review of California energy efficiency values and other related technical information.
The Cal TF advances its mission by issuing technical information and documents as the TF deems necessary, including:
- Ex ante measure workpaper and savings estimates.
- Guidelines, templates, and protocols to support statewide measure development and updates.
- An easily accessible and searchable website that documents the values, underlying methodologies, and decision-making of the Cal TF.
The Cal TF produces work that is:
- Technically rigorous
- Based on best available data
The Cal TF accomplishes this through a process that is:
- Transparent and well-documented
- Inclusive and collaborative
- Strikes a reasonable balance between accuracy, precision, and timelines; cost and certainty
- Provides meaningful, independent, and expert peer review
- Includes opportunity for regional and national input